Monday, April 16, 2012

Who am I?

Hi all,

I'll start by saying I'm not a very good writer.  I will misspell words and use incorrect punctuation, if any at all.  Reading this will be difficult at times and frustrating. This blog is mainly a way for me to track my journey into Insanity.

My name is Pete Ruggeri. I'm a realatively active 5'7", 35 year old, 175 Lb average guy with an amazing wife and 2 wonderful children.  I work a day job and have run/excercised on and off pretty much for the past 15 years.  I consider myself pretty active and very much injury prone, I'll get into more detail at another time as there are many instances and pictures to share.

The injury prone part is what has led me to this blog and Insanity.  For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about please visit the following: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?code=SEMB_GOOGLE_SAN&extcmp=gd05bbe2dc2c4090&s_kwcid=TC|17312|insanity workout||S|e|11395391173&gclid=CLupvPjDua8CFRNS7Aod0B6-lA

This is a series of DVD's such as the P90X that Tony Horton put out.  I did 45 days of the P90X workout and got amazing results.  I went from approx 195 to 165 LBS and got into the best shape of my life.  Since then I have been holding steady at 175 and picked up running again.  Unfortunately I can't seem to stay healthy when I'm running and have come up with an achillies injury that is not getting any better.  I have decided to take 2 months off of running but I'm going to use those 2 months to do the Insanity workout.  I hope to improve my cardio and leg strength while staying healthy.

The goal is after 60 days with Insanity I'll be able to start running again injury free and at a lighter weight and at less risk to become reinjured.  At the same time, I am starting a new eating plan.  Heck, even I can stick to a regimented eating plan for 60 days.  I'll track my workouts and what i eat daily here on my blog.  I'll post my most embarassing pictures (weekly) for you all to make fun of.  Please, I encourage everyone to comment on everything, from my caloric intake to what i am eating.  I promise not to cheat on writing everything that I eat so if I come out with a Mc'd's lunch please berate me for it!! I need your support.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy watching and reading my journey into insanity!!

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment