Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 6 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I felt a little stiff this morning after the workout last night.  My only concern is that I am not doing enough calf stretching after the workout is done as he doesn't incorporate the wall stretch as part of the cool down so I can't forget to do it when I'm done.  The last 2 times I worked out hard I had a knot in my right calf and this morning my calf and achillies were aching again.

DIET:
Breakfast: 8:30AM - 9:00AM - 2 Eggs Scrambled (160 Cal), 3 Slices of Turkey (30 Cal), 1 Tbsp of Ketchup (10 Cal), Cup of French Vanilla coffee w/ 1% milk (10 Cal) -  Total Calories - 210

Lunch: 12:30PM - 1:00PM - 2 Veggie Burgers (250 Calories), 1 Tbsp of Ketchup (10 Cal), 1 Tbsp of Salsa (15 Cal), Bottle of water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 275

Mid-Afternoon Snack:   2:30PM -2:45PM - 1/4 cup of Almonds (150 Cal), Whey Protein Shake (1 Scoop) w/ 4oz 1% milk & 4oz Water (215 Cal / 26G Protein) - Total Calories: 365

Dinner: 7:00PM - 7:30PM - 1 Salmon Sushi Roll (240 Cal / 15G), 1 Shashimi (665 Cal / 62.8G Protein!), Glass of Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 905

Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake (1 Scoop) w/ 4oz 1% milk & 4oz Water (215 Cal / 26G Protein)

Good diet today even though I was around the house today with lots of goodies.  Total calories today: 1,970.


Plyometric Cardio Circuit:

This is the 1st time I didn't think I would make it through the workout.  My legs were dead from the beginning and a little sore.  By the last interval I was dying! Somehow I managed to finish but I was pouring sweat the whole time.  I dare anyone to try this 1 set - After 30 minutes of training (Running or biking) do 1 minute straight of Jump-Up, get down into plank position, do 4 push-ups, run in plank position, jump hands back in and jump-up again.  By the end of the workout I could only do 4 or 5 sets in a minute where in the beginning I was doing at least 10 - 12. This is hardcore, my shoulders and arms just collapsed a few times where I could hardly keep up.  

Thankfully, tomorrow is a complete day off. Unfortunately I get to spend my recovery day flying and traveling over 18 hours with stop overs.  I leave my house at 3:00PM today and i don't get into Santiago, Chile until 9:10 AM Monday morning.  This is the worst part of the trip and then on Monday night I somehow have to find the energy to pop this DVD in again.  Wish me luck. 

See you from Chile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment