Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 1 - Fit Test

Monday - April 16, 2012

Today is Fit Test day.  I have to do this 5x Throughout the course of the next 63 days.  I will post the results of my test tonight.  I was going to start today when i woke up at 6:30AM today but because my achillies was still hurting I was going to put it off.

As of 12:30PM today I am still feeling some soreness but I am very excited to get started.  I don't think the impact from this test or workouts will be enough to stop me from performing at my peak so I am going to push through the pain.  Most of my workout will be on a carpet and that should lessen the impact of the jumping that I have to do. 

Daily Supplements (Breakfast & Lunch)  1x One a Day Men's Pro Edge Multivitamen, 2x 1000MG Fish Oil, 2x 1000MG Garlic & 2x 1000IU Vitamin D.

Breakfast - 9:30 - 10:00AM:  2 Egg White Omelet w/ Turkey, Tomato and Green Peppers & Large D&D Coffee w/ Whole Milk - Total Calories: 225

Lunch - 12:20 - 1:00PM: 1.5 Cups Steamed Green Beans (66 Cal), 1.5 Cups Spanish Rice (316.5 Cal), 1/4 Cup Refried Beans (60 Cal), Grilled Chicken Fajita w/ no wrap (195 Cal) , Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 637.5

Mid-Afternoon Snack - 3:30 - 3:45PM: Bowl of Cheerios (140 Cal), Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 140

Dinner - 5:30 - 6:00PM: Turkey Omelet (260 Cal), 2 Slices Whole Wheat Toast w/ Butter (250 Cal), Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 510

Insanity Fit Test 1:  This is the real deal.  I wore my HR monitor the whole time - after the 3 minute warm up I was in the 170's and it only got worse.  The Fit test runs through 8 different excercises - Switch Kicks, Power Jacks, Power Knees, Power Jumps, Rotation Jumps, Suicide Jumps, Push-Up Jacks and Oblique Busters (as I call them).  You perform each exercise for 1 minute and you do as many as you can in that minute. In 15 Days I will do another fit test and compare my numbers.  I can honestly say I worked as hard as I could and actually beat the people on the DVD on some exercises so I know I was working hard.  It was really, really hot in my living room with no circulation so I'm sure that added to the extreme workout and how crappy I felt when i was done.  It took about 30 minutes for my HR to get back under 130 even while sitting down. It's now over 1 hour later and I am still in the low to mid 80's.  This was an extremely intense workout and it's only the beginning. I hope I'm ready for this!

Here are my Fit Test Results:

Switch Kicks: 120
Power Jacks: 44
Power Knees: 80
Power Jumps: 30
Rotation Jumps (4 Jumps = 1 Set): 9 Sets
Suicide Jumps: 12
Push-Up Jacks: 20
Oblique Busters (I'll update the real name later): 60

I'm happy with these results since I know how hard I worked.  From what I have seen in the actual workouts I don't think I can do an entire workout right out of the box at this intensity.  I learned that I will need to take more breaks.  Other then feeling completely wiped everything feels good. My right calf is a little tight but I don't think it's anything that stretching won't help. My Achillies was a none factor which I am pleased with.


   (Photo as of 2 hours after my 1st Fit Test) 

After the workout I had an Orange (62 Cal) and Water (0 Cal) while working out.

My total caloric intake for the 1st day of my training was 1,574.5 and I didn't really feel hungry at all today.  As a matter of fact I forced myself to have an afternoon snack.  The low calories may have something to do with not feeling totally fueled while working out but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  I might want to change up my afternoon snack to a Bagel, also I missed my mid morning snack which I will try to incorporate tomorrow.

Overall, a successful day 1 - Only 59 more to go with 2 trips to South America sprinkled in...No Problem!!






1 comment:

  1. Awesome first day, buddy! I know you can do this. I'll be following your daily progress. I've decided to count my calories along with you for the 60 days. I'm looking to lose 10 pounds. 59 days to go!

    ReplyDelete