Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 3 - Cardio Power and Resistance

I'm sore!  Not in a bad way though so I'm loving it.  Sofie got her new trampoline yesterday and I spent about 2 hours starting to put that together. I can't wait until I get it put together and we can have everyone over for some jumping and hot tub.  I'll have to finish it tonight before she gets home from gymnastics and then go inside to do Insanity. After I was done with Insanity I checked my phone last night and got a really cool message from 'Whiskey Joe' and I'm looking forward to giving him a call in a bit.  Got some bad news from a friend today that he had to go to the ER based on heart palpitations, weakness and chest pain.  I hope everything is better soon and he can get over it and get back to running, get well soon JM the R2C team needs you!!

After my workout I noticed that the instructor said that we should be taking a recovery supplement that i didn't have. So this morning I went out and got Whey Protien in powder form (Vanilla Flavor) which I have had before and enjoy with half 1% Milk and half water.  I'm hoping this will help with the general soreness I am having after working out. I also bought a six pack of Nestle Boost Complete Nutritional Drink to try as a Mid-Morning / Afternoon snack - It has 15G of Protein and other vitamen and minerals, unfortunately it is 240 calories per serving so that with maybe a piece of friut will be all I need for my snack.
                
                                               (Sofie's New Tampoline - Obviously that's not Sofie)
                                                              

Diet Day 3:

Daily Supplements (Breakfast & Lunch)  1x One a Day Men's Pro Edge Multivitamen, 2x 1000MG Fish Oil, 2x 1000MG Garlic & 2x 1000IU Vitamin D.

Daily Protein Intake: 135.3
(I decided to start tracking my daily protein intake as for my purposes I have calculated that I will need between 85 and 100 grams of protein daily to help recover and build lean muscle)

Breakfast - 9:15 - 9:45AM: 2 Egg Whites (50 Cal-Checked the carton today), 3 Slices of Turkey (84 Cal), Tomatoes & Green Peppers (0 cal), Small Cup French Vanilla coffee w/ Skim Milk (10 Cal) - Total Calories: 144 Calories (Protein: 33.3G)

Mid-Morning Snack - 11:00 - 11:15AM: Orange (60 Cal), Nestle* Boost Complete Nutritional Drink  (240 Cal) - Total Calories: 300 (Protein: 15G)

Lunch - 12:30 - 1:00PM: 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (160 Cal), 2 tsb of Mustard (6 Cal), 4 Slices of Turkey (180 Cal), 4 Pickles (32 Cal),1/4 Cup of Almonds (150 Cal), Whey Protein Shake (1 Scoop) w/ 4oz 1% milk & 4oz Water (215 Cal) - Total Calories: 743 (Protein: 31G)

Mid-Afternoon Snack - 3:30 - 4:00PM: Nestle* Boost Complete Nutritional Drink  (240 Cal) - Total Calories: 240 (Protein: 15G)

Dinner - 5:30 - 6:00PM: 1 Cup Spanish Rice (160 Cal), 1 Cup Black Beans (220 Cal), Salsa (20 Cal), 10 Baby Carrots (10 Cal) - Total Calories: 410 (Protein: 16G)

Cardio Power and Resistance Workout

Tough workout again.  My legs started out really sore but after the warm up I really didn't think about it again.  The warm-up and stretch is just right before he goes into the hardcore training.  This workout was based on squats, power jumps and push-ups.  The 1st session he had me doing Power Jumps for 1 min which I am dead aweful at right now and hurt really, really bad. The Set starts with these and ends with some crazy Moving Push-ups where you get into push-up position them move your right hand further right while leaving your left hand in place and do 1 push-up then you move your right hand back to nuetral and move the left out further out and push-up. You repeat this over and over again for 1 minute then you go into V Push-Ups where you invert your hands so they are facing each other and stick your but in the air so your body is in a V shape and you progress to do as many push-ups as you can for 1 min (killer on the shoulders!). 

Here is a video of Sofie, Joey and me during the warm-down.



Post Workout I had a Whey Protein Shake (1 Scoop) w/ 4oz 1% milk & 4oz Water (215 Cal) (Protein: 25G) - I am happy with how much extra protein I was able to work into my diet today it should only help with recovery. My total for the day was 135.3G and I went from probably 30 or 40 to this so I'm hoping my body handles the change.  Looking forward to some more hard work tomorrow!

Total Calories Day: 2,052


No comments:

Post a Comment