Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit


Today is the day I change my lifestyle.  Yesterday's workout was a good learning experience and trial run to see how these workouts will go.  I learned that early on in this training i won't be able to keep up with everyone on the DVD or the instructor but I will be able to work hard at my own pace.  I will not cheat myself out of the amazing results I have seen other people get. 

I plan on doing the next workout tonight after the kids get to sleep around 9PM.  I will have to do my workouts in the evening for the next 2 weeks since I leave for Chile on Sunday and I won't have time to do the workout on Monday morning.  After I get back I plan to start working out in the mornings.

Day 2 workout is Plyometric Cardio Circuit, that just sounds terrifying! I did some Plyo as part of my P90X training and I know how much it hurts.  I'm nervous but excited to get started!

Daily Supplements (Breakfast & Lunch)  1x One a Day Men's Pro Edge Multivitamen, 2x 1000MG Fish Oil, 2x 1000MG Garlic & 2x 1000IU Vitamin D.
Diet:

Breakfast - 8:30 - 9:00AM:  Chobani Greek Yogurt (160 Cal), .35 LBCup of fresh fruit (est. 150 Cal), Small cup of French Vanilla Coffee w/ Skim Milk (10 Cal) - Total Calories: 320

Mid-Morning Snack - 10:30 - 10:45AM: Half Whole Wheat Bagel (127.5 Cal), Bottle of Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 127.5

Lunch - 12:30 - 12:45PM: 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (160 Cal), 2 tsb of Mustard (6 Cal), 4 Slices of Turkey (180 Cal), 4 Pickles (32 Cal), Bottle of Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 378
*I talked to a couple of folks who have done Insanity in the past and none of them stuck to it more then 3 weeks but they said they got amazing results. I am commited - 60 days or bust! They did say to take breaks and drink lots of water - the pause button is your friend (Good Advice!)*

Mid-Afternoon Snack - 3:00 - 3:30PM: Half Whole Wheat Bagel (127.5 Cal), Bottle of Water (0) - Total Calories: 127.5

Dinner - 5:30 - 6:00PM: 2 Morningstar Farms Veggie Burgers (220 Cal), 2Tlbs Vegetarian Baked Beans (60 Cal), Bowl of Side Salad w/ 1tsp of Light Italian Dressing (80 Cal), 6 Pickles (37 Cal), 8oz glass of water (0 Cal) - Total Calories: 397

Total Daily Calories: 1,350

I'm happy with this plan. I'm really not that hungry at all and i am enjoying most of the foods so I think this has a chance to last. Yogurt is definitely not for me but at least I tried it as for the Veggie Burgers...Mmmmmm loved it!

Insanity Day 2:

Great workout!  I am already addicted.   High intensity from the get go as you can see from my graph below, It's hard to see but the blue line is my HR and the Green is Duration. In the 1st 5 minutes my HR skyrocketed to 160 and pretty much stayed there the whole time and that was only the warm up.  The section where the HR dips is where the training program breaks into a stretching and yoga workout so it is by no means easy!


 It was impossible for me to keep up with the workout the whole time as I just don't have the strength to keep up and my core pretty much gives out as does the rest of my body.  At one point at the 35 Minute mark I almost couldn't do a move or get myself off the floor.  Luckily for me the end was near and I just did what I could to keep moving. I can really see that this will get easier but this whole 1st week is going to be really rough!  I can't wait for all of you to try it.

Thanks to Heather for watching the kids tonight and putting everyone to bed while I worked out and recovered, You're the best!

Good night everyone...I'm beat. (Btw...NO INJURIES!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment