Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 4 - Cardio Recovery

Glad today is recovery day. I need it. Got lots of Protein in my diet yesterday and I am hoping that will help with the soreness. 

DIET:

Daily Supplements (Breakfast & Lunch)  1x One a Day Men's Pro Edge Multivitamen, 2x 1000MG Fish Oil, 2x 1000MG Garlic & 2x 1000IU Vitamin D.

Early Morning: 7:00AM - 7:05AM - Whey Protein Shake (1 Scoop) w/ 4oz 1% milk & 4oz Water (215 Cal / 26G Protein)

Breakfast: 8:00AM - 8:30AM - 1 Egg Scrambled (101 Cal / 6.76G Protein), 2 Slices of Bacon (208 Cal / 5.26G Protein), 1 Cup of cut-up watermelon (46 Cal / .9G Protein), Small cup of French Vanilla coffee w/ Skim Milk (10 Cal) - Total Calories: 365

Lunch: 12:30PM - 1:00PM - 1 Cup of Broccoli (80 Cal / 4G Protein), 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (250 Cal / 7.73G Protein), 6 Slices of Turkey (135 Cal / 21.9G Protein), 1/2 cup Coleslaw (41 Cal / .77G Protein), Light spread of Thousand island dressing (120 Cal) - Total Calories: 626 (*Turkey Sloppy Joe Day - I couldn't pass up the opportunity to slop it up!)

Mid-Afternoon Snack: 3:00PM - 3:30PM - 1 Cup Cheerios (110 Cal / 3.4G Protein) - Total Calories: 110

Dinner: 5.30PM - 6:00PM - 6oz Porterhouse Steak (400 Cal / 46G Protein), Side Salad w/ 1Tsp of Light Italian Dressing (50 Cal), A-1 Steak Sauce 1 Tlbs (10 Cal), 8oz Glass of Water (0 Cal) - Total Calories - 460

NOTES: I wasn't to happy with my diet today.  I felt like I just went back to some old habits of eating everything I saw although most of the foods were relatively healthy and better choices then I would have made in the past.  If I want to lose the weight I'm going to really have to be more disciplined than I was today.  I should be focusing on keeping all 5 meals at 300 calories or less rather then bunching the calories at dinner and lunch - TOTAL DAILY CALORIES: 1,991

Cardio Recovery

This workout is focusing on balance, yoga strength and flexibility.  It was only 32 Minutes but my legs burned so much during most of the poses that I had to come out of them well before I was supposed to.  As anything I think as time goes on I'll be able to hold longer.  I'm glad this was a day of slower excercise as i could tell my body really needed a recovery day.  I need to have my recovery drink tonight. I'm looking forward to being a little less sore tomorrow and really be able to work hard tomorrow night. I miss running :( but i'm glad I'm still excercising and not dealing with any injuries. Leaving for Chile on Sunday I hope I can keep up the momentum.

Evening: 9:30PM - 9:45PM - Whey Protein Shake (1 Scoop) w/ 4oz 1% milk & 4oz Water (215 Cal / 26G Protein)

Total Protein: 145.32G

3 comments:

  1. Have to say this is the first chance I've had to look at the blog and I'm impressed so far with charting of every calorie. Looks like you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it going Pete! And don't feel bad about the extra calories today. You'll get back to less tomorrow. Just the process of writing them all down and sharing them with the world will guilt you into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! After I looked at it a little closer I wasn't so upset as it was less calories than yesterday. I just knew I wasn't going to work as hard in the workout and was still packing it in.

    ReplyDelete